Red River National Wildlife Refuge summertime trip -3/3- {Photography Blog}

Hello everyone, better late than ever that I’m back with a new photography blog post. I do hope everyone is doing great today, this weeks blog post is a mixed one of different wildlife and nature photographs. I’m sure you’ll enjoy and thank you for reading. 

To begin with let’s go back to the Red National Wildlife Refuge, before the winter weather. We went there to see what there was to find far as migrating animals and to my surprise, there wasn’t much, however. This Viceroy Butterfly (often confused for a monarch.) was basking in the sun in the undergrowth. Unlike its lookalike they don’t migrate instead, the caterpillar will hibernate through their first-second stage.
On that same day, I saw some cedar trees along one of the trails, I really felt the close-up photographs gave a very festive feeling. As the berries were still on the tree and the lighting with the shadows I felt it was a perfect opportunity to get the photo shoot.
Next just before leaving the Refuge, I had to stop before going on the freeway. Because there was a Red-Tailed Hawk up in one of the Pecan Trees. Speaking of the pecans trees; in the entire area region of the refuge is actually full of these old pecan trees. Which is a perfect place to find different birds like this Red-Tailed Hawk.
Lastly, a couple of weeks after this trip to the refuge the leaves were a starting to change, during this time I already went back to the refuge again to see the migrating waterfowl coming in. It will be the discussion I'll be making for the next blog. But to end off this photography blog here's a photograph from the backyard.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by. Also if your interested in some of these photographs, at my shop they are available for prints and products!

© Breann Kuhn; LadyAnnaVintage 2019 All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular Posts