The Wildlife Refuge Adventure-Part One.

Hi everyone, I hope your doing wonderful today! Well the blog post for this time, is about our trip to one of the wildlife refuge in our area last week. Most of this blog post is landscape photographs, with some mixes of wildlife. So I hope you enjoy the weekly blog post today and I hope it's very interesting for you all! 
Well starting right off this is at The Red River Wildlife Refuge and this is the one lake in the refuge. It's called Lake Caroline and this lake was quite vast, that we didn't quite get all the way around on that day. We only got through the half way point from the visitor center to the boating docks, out on the way to the nature trail.
However the other reasons that we didn't go all the way around is because the areas consider as wetlands were still flooded out since the last major storms we had last month.
--------------------
Now next far as wildlife, I did see a lot of different bird species on our trip. However most if them were too far away for a closer photograph. Nevertheless I did get some fare decent photographs some bird species, likewise this Dickcissel that was up on the tree branch that was above us as we went back towards the visitor center at the end of the trip. 
Futhermore as well, before we went through the nature trail where we saw that bird. We did stop by the boating docks for a short break, mostly too see just the scenery of the lake.
As no one was around docking their boats on that day I had a chance to walk over to see these wildflowers. Which I believe are, the Evening Primroses or Pink Ladies by another name. There were a hole load of these beautiful flowers right on the hill next to the drop off for the lake, that I couldn't miss getting some photographs of them.
Now back to wildlife photographs, here are a set of different animals, from a bird, turtles and rabbit. Firstly here is this little bird at the visitor center on one of their feeders. It's a White-crowned Sparrow and it did have a mate with him, but she was resting up in the tree near by.
Next as we walked on the deck, which was the one right behind the feeder in the photograph above. I noticed on a piece of deadwood in the lake there was a group of turtles. These Red Eared Slider Turtles were basically all over the Lake Caroline far as I could tell.
Then finally as we left the deck to start our trip, as I got near the Ranger's station. There was Eastern cottontail Rabbit laying down in the grass watching us as we walked on the trail. The rabbit didn't seem quite afraid of us, pretty much carried on basking in the sunlight as we carefully watched him from a far.
lastly for today I've got three landscape photographs for the ending part of the blog post. These are very simple photographs, but I hope your okay with them. So here is a close up shot of this green wheat grass.
Which there were a whole field of this type of grass once we got out from the forest area of the nature trail. Also along side the wheat grass there were some wild Dewberries bushes among them. (there the reddish bushes on the left side of the photograph in the background.)
Also in the last photograph, I've got this back shot I took of the nature trail from what was behind us from the scene above. There were some young ceder trees growing along the nature trail and I just thought they had a nice shape so I took a photograph of the trees.
Okay well I do hope this adventurous blog post was enjoyable and this is going to be as a two part blog. As I've still got a lot of photographs left over that I want to show in another weekly post later on this year. But anyway hope the rest of your week will go great and goodbye everyone!

© Breann Kuhn; LadyannaVintage 2018 All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular Posts