Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Dragon of the Sunset.

Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post! I hope everybody is having an amazing and great week. I've got for you this time a much shorter blog post. In the post this week I've finally after many failures of getting any photographs of "dragonflies" since for like a while now. Have with all of my luck of checking on the Canna lilies, found out on the side of our front yard where the Canna lilies are at. There were a whole bundle of them.

Well lets get started with the information I found online of the species of this dragonfly. This species is a  (Erythemis simplicicollis) Eastern Pondhawk Dragonfly. From the research the color variation is different from male to female and this green variation means the one below is a female Eastern Pondhawk. Their region of living varies from North America and Central America, they are also very swift-predators of smaller Insect species 
She the dragonfly was quite friendly with the camera, for some odd reason. I did managed to take several photographs of her, but in the end I thought these two were the better ones out of them all. Mostly the one below, because of the Aperture effect and the position she was in. (It also looks like she's waving too you as well, since one of her legs are out.)

Next is the last two photographs and yes I know I'm going to make this blog post short. But I want to say this, I will make a bigger blog post after Wednesday which also is my Birthday. So since it's is my birthday I'm at a bit of a rush, that's why I don't want to make this a large post. I want to save that for next week.

So back to the blog post, on the day after taking the photo's of the dragonflies, there was a quick rain shower. There were quite a lot of Nimbostratus clouds moving out after the storm and the sky was clearing. While concurrently the sun was going down.
These clouds were as well on the other side of the road,  so doing so I had to maneuver myself in a position too where I could avoid taking any photographs of the neighboring houses. but in the end the results were pretty good, I think still though I should've had my ISO on a better level. The camera wasn't probably on the right setting either for that evening.
So mostly too me, there is a bit of an noise and fuzzy look to them. But I suppose their will do alright, since I still love the colors of the twilight mixing with the shading of the clouds. Well it is the end I hope have enjoyed the post this week and I'll be back later next week with a larger and different blog post hopefully.

Farewell everyone till then!

All Photo's rightfully belong to © LadyAnnaVintage 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment