Friday, May 26, 2017

The Sea Mermaid of Glass.

Hello everyone I hope your doing quite well today, I've got another art blog post for you all today and  It's once again a mermaid piece done for Mermay month. before this month ends I wanted to get one more piece done, so I hope you will enjoy!
I quite enjoyed doing this piece, but I also decided to set up a mini display studio on my bedroom desk. I used white tissue paper and fake flowers that I've have had in my room in a basket for a long time now. Also I thought that I wanted to shape up my photography a bit and get more creative with my works.
 Along with that, the lighting when taking the photographs was coming from my bedroom window and with a mini makeup mirror stand, I reflected the light directly down on the piece of artwork. It actually works, but I only recommend doing this method if you have enough light source. Likewise on a bright sunny day.
Also I tried doing a photograph technique by using a magnifying glass which gives my artwork this really fascinating and bizarre look to the whole piece. If you want to find out more information about the magnifying glass technique, please check out this article from Shutterbug. 10 clever tricks you can do home video  The photographers in the video on this article will give you each explanations of the ten tricks, their really amazing looking techniques. Once I have the time I want to try each of the tricks they gave in the video with my photography practice!  
Oh also I just realized in the last art blog post I forgot to inform everyone what supplies I had used, so here's the list for this mermaid piece right here.
-Sakura Koi Watercolor 24 pan set.
-Mixed Artist loft Brushes.
-Strathmore Series 300. 140 lb Watercolor paper.
- A Pink Venus Erasable Colored pencil.(These Pencils are Vintage and aren't easy to find, so If you want something equivalent look at prismcolor col-erase pencils.)

:Tip of the Art Blog Post:
Well here we are at the end of the blog and I'm doing something completely new for my art blog posts. It's a tip that I don't know if anyone else have used yet before. but anyway I along with my mother were trying to find an idea for traveling and storing are art supplies in. Therefore in the end we came up with using "travel tooth brush holders" for paint brushes.
This toothbrush holder we bought can stand flat, but there are some that don't have flat ends from what I've found and some aren't going to be very tall either so I advise you to measure your brushes with the toothbrush holders height at the store of your choice.
Well I hope you enjoy this blog post and hope your all are doing wonderful today! Farewell everyone!

All Photo's rightfully belong to © LadyAnnaVintage 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment