Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Butterflies of the Spring Season.

Hello everybody hope you all are doing great today and welcome back to a new blog post. That's dedicated to the species of  Butterflies and Moths I've taken photographs of in the past and present time.

Well the first butterfly in this post is probably the most fascinating one of the rest, as it's a new species I've not seen yet before in the backgarden and with my best knowledge I believe it's possibly a (Limenitis arthemis) Red-spotted Purple Admiral, but I'm not a Lepidopterist So I'm not to much of an expert.

 

From all of my research it's a Polytypic species of the North American Brush-Footed Butterfly, it is also a mimic of the poisonous Pipevine Swallowtail. Since of it similar coloration from the looks of the Swallowtail, it can be protected from any kind of predators. 


Now these photographs bellow are going back a bit, the species as many might know is the Luna moth (Actias Luna). The adults are strongly attracted to the light-mostly UV wavelengths. While Also adult Luna moths have vestigial mouthparts and can't not feed, so they live only for a short life span.


While the male Luna moth are strong fliers and can go for a long distance to find a female Luna moth, who gives out a attractant pheromone too attract that male moth to where they are at from a far distance.


Well here's the last set of photographs and they are photos' of the Giant Swallowtail (Papilio cresphontes). Who is another species that I never seen come in to the backgarden before. Yet what I don't understand about this butterfly is why the one tip on the left hindwing, is missing. Maybe a bird tried to grab it or something? but I really don't know, mother nature has her way I guess.


But all in all, this majestic beauty was sure something. Quite huge I have to say, it flied past me twice and it nearly scared me to death! Yet I'm starting to get use to getting more close to these beautiful creatures.



Thus this is why this blog post was dedicated to the butterflies and moths that I've managed to take photographs of in the past and recent time.


Hope you've enjoyed it and farewell everyone!

All photographs and artwork rightfully belongs to © LadyAnnaVintage 2017  






No comments:

Post a Comment